Grupo BeOne / ServiOcioData Warehouse and analytical system for the management of sports centers
Country or Region: Spain
Sector: Sports facilities
BE ONE, Cultura, Deporte y Recreacion, S.L. is a company that manages sports facilities. Due to the large number of sports centres that they manage, it has become necessary to manage, organise and consolidate their data.
Although a dynamic group that aims to be self sufficient in regards to business intelligence, Serviocio/Beone has on this occasion engaged SolidQ services in order to obtain the required knowledge to mine the core of their own analytical BI system.
By implementing their new solution, Serviocio/Beone has now obtained a platform with centralised and consolidated financial data and user management, as well as different analytical reports. These analytical reports are evolving, with the addition of new analysis requirements arising from their use.
Serviocio/Beone was lacking an analytical system that provided the assistance needed for data analysis and display. Since each centre has its own user database, this gave rise to the need to centralise and join all those information sources. On the other hand, since the company’s accounting data is stored in Navision, this resulted in the need to take advantage of such data while also improving the annual budget loading processes.
- Providing a unified platform in order to centralise the data that is currently spread over several different databases.
- Need for accounting reports aimed at the Board of Directors
- Including these into the annual budgets
- Providing an analytical system for all sport centres managers
- Support and maintenance
- Managing data access security
Their solution was dealt with in two stages. Phase one:
- A consolidation system for their different data sources
- Mining company accounting data
- Integration into the annual budgets
- Creation of multi dimensional models to cover the users and accounting data mining
- Power BI based analysis reports for specific company users and Excel spreadsheets with accounting reports for the Accounts Department
- Using communication tools such as Trello or O365 in order to simplify the monitoring of tasks, as well as the control in the definition of requirements and documentation
There will be a second phase to this project that will focus on system maintenance as well as its evolution:
- New user requirements have arisen to include new indicators in the Power BI reports
- Managing platform user access, establishing security rules
- Incident resolution
A solution consisting of SSIS + SSAS was deployed to deal with and process data on a daily basis in approximately 2 hours. They have also deployed the Power BI display solution.
This platform simplifies the consolidation and centralisation of the company’s data into a corporate Data Warehouse.
It provides users in their Accounts department with an Excel based solution that mines data from the Cube in order to analyse and enable users to create better reports aimed at the Board of Directors.
In regards to the budget loading process, a manual yearly procedure that was difficult to integrate, it has now been automated and the data included into the Data Warehouse.
Each centre’s managers are now able to access Power BI analytical reports to help them in the decision making process.
The SolidQ team can adapt each solution to fit your company. Would you like to take a leap and transform your business? Get in touch with us and we’ll see how to help you