Author: Itzik Ben-Gan
Get started with the fundamentals of Transact-SQL and learn how to write efficient and powerful database queries. With this hands-on guide, you’ll gain a solid understanding of T-SQL and good programming practices through the right balance of conceptual and practical content. Learn the steps required to develop T-SQL code for retrieving and modifying data, with exercises to help you apply what you’ve learned—ideal for T-SQL programmers, DBAs, BI practitioners, report writers, analysts, and architects.
DISCOVER OUR T-SQL FUNDAMENTALS ON-DEMAND COURSE!
Learn with the author Itzik Ben-Gan: whenever you want, wherever you want; at your own pace.
Many SQL intro/fundamentals classes only teach you about the language elements and how to use them. However, not focusing on their mathematical roots or why the language elements were designed the way they were designed. This course teaches you both.
Discover how to:
- Apply T-SQL fundamentals, create tables, and define data integrity
- Understand logical query processing
- Query multiple tables using joins and subqueries
- Simplify code and improve maintainability with table expressions
- Write code to insert, update, delete, and merge data
- Go beyond the fundamentals with pivoting techniques and set grouping
- Isolate inconsistent data and address deadlock and blocking scenarios